Tuesday 13 July 2010

Sensational - Loaded With Power

1997 debut album by this very idiosyncratic rapper, on the Wordsound label. This may be the most mashed hip-hop album ever recorded, from his superb, lurching, deranged rapping style, to the ultra low fi beats. The vocals on this album were recorded through headphones, and the music with a four track and not much else. Whatever was used - it usually sounds like it's malfunctioning, with stumbling beats and massively overdriven bass. It's an album full of wrongness and experiment, but works brilliantly. It does sound like the product of a demented brain, and I remember reading in The Wire that later in his career he sold his equipment to buy crack, although I should add that he sorted himself out again and has continued to record.

Mediafire

2 comments:

> said...

Oi Shrubb you giant McCartney loving limp asparagus licking shizzknozzer - I was just listening to Corner The Market (cos I had "Sewin' up avenues, with power moves..." rollin' thru mein bonce) and I thought, "Oooh, I really should download Loaded With Power, cos my copy is in storage and it's totally my favourite album of his lah...", so I google it and it leads me to your stinkin' arse blog. Bitches! "They never should've given you niggers money..." Nice one with the Tazartes post too by the way, although anyone with any panache would own that ish already! Anyways, screw you homes, laterz inni bludd... WHUT?!

Yogradius said...

Booze rules!