Saturday 31 July 2010

Khan & Walker - Radiowaves

I haven't posted anything involving Khan for a while, so here's another excellent album beamed down from the acid bleeposphere. There's super-minimal packaging on this one - they usually tell you what kit they have used to make their records, but I'm pretty sure it's the same equipment they were using on all their other releases around 1995 when this one came out. Actually, my album cover is different to this one, but I can't seem to find a decent image of it. This has the usual crispyRoland percussion pattering away; phased and dazed synths sweep across the background while acid lines, bass and the odd syncopated mid range line bubble and swing in the centre of your headphones. Throw in the odd bit of speech sample, some high wispy frequencies, twiddle the knobs a bit, and there you have it - a classic snapshot of the Cologne sound which is glorious to my ears: deep, spacy and trippy. The beats are all fairly light - no pounding 808s, here - ranging from slow breakbeat rockers, to jittery electro, and 5am trance-out on the splendid and epic 'Radiowaves 4'.

Mediafire

2 comments:

Brad said...

Is your's the same as this?
http://www.discogs.com/Radiowaves-Radiowaves/release/90712

Or is it this one??
http://www.discogs.com/Khan-And-Walker-Radiowaves/release/62533?ev=rr

I see there was also a "Radiowaves II" on Harvest.
http://www.discogs.com/Khan-Walker-Radiowaves-II/release/85681?ev=rr

Confused...thanks.

Yogradius said...

Shit! It's the first one. By the track lengths they appear to be different - I never realised. I never got hold of Radiowaves 2, for some reason - I'll have to search it out.