Saturday 20 June 2009

Klaus Schulze - Timewind

Germany 1975. A great year in a country with a rich heritage in electronic music. A great decade, in fact, stretching from the abstract experiments of Kraftwerk and Tangerine Dream, to the more ambient textures coming out of Conrad Plank's studio in the late 70s, when Eno was collaborating. Somewhere in the middle there were masterful synth-based creations suh as this album, and the TD masterpieces like Phaedra and Rubycon. This album has two huge tracks, with a definite spaced out sci-fi sound to them. Bubbling, arpeggiated synths, phased mellotron backdrops, twittering moogs - this whole sound palette is incredibly pleasing to my ear, and strangely evocative of things I'm not sure I even experienced. I'm guessing it remind me of tv and films I watched as a kid in the 70s, where composers would mimic this kind of music, but who knows? It just hits the right spot.

Download Mediafire
Megaupload

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog.Thanks

Conceição said...

Can't get enough of this stuff at the moment - something about synths and solitude, I guess. The influence of Schulze and other likeminded cats appears to be cutting a celestial swathe through the some areas of the free noise underground, with occasionally stunning results