Wednesday 13 May 2009

Deathspell Omega - Diabolus Absconditus




I like black metal a lot, but there aren't many bands who I feel will fit into this blog. DSO are definitely one of them. This is a fairly early example of the sprawling progged-out epics that they are becoming total masters at. Check out their recent Chaining The Katechon to see the mind altering heights they have reached.
This is also pretty awesome: 22 and a half minutes of their trademark disturbing ambience, queasy churning and grinding guitars and great vocals. Taken from the 2005 triple set Crushing The Holy Trinity, which is no longer available as far as I know. I've also scanned the relevant booklet page - check out my dodgy cropping!

Mediafire

1 comment:

Brian M said...

This song may be my favorite DSO track. It is simply chilling. I found it on iTunes but will probably buy the physical package as well.

Heck, I took the CD image from Chaining the Katechon and had a local printer turn it into a tee shirt LOL.